Thursday, April 23

a trio

I have a ton of really great friends that I rely on for support, laughter, fun times, adventures, and great conversation. I really don’t know where I would be without my friends. I know a lot of people say that and that their friends are the best around, but I truly feel like that. They have picked me up when I’ve fallen, laughed at my bad jokes, fallen in love with my daughter, and been my family when I felt like I had no where else to turn. To say I love them is an understatement.

One of my nearest and dearest friends lives in California. She has been on and off living there for about 3 years and finally settled in permanently sometime last year. Before that she spent mostly summers there and there wasn’t any way I could visit. She comes home but it is becoming less and less often as the time passes. Life without her is very strange. I miss being able to pick her up and drive around til the wee hours of the morning. The 3some that she and I and another dear friend makeup are missing its artsy fartsy, weird food-eating hippie, and I say that in the greatest ways.

So what are we going to do about it?

FLY TO SAN FRANCISCO!!! That’s right! Me and my girl are going to fly cross county with my 2 year old to see our other girl. The excitement that I have is indescribable. All I can think about is our tearful reunion, because it always is, trolley cars, bays, sidewalks full of strangers that I want to know, Victorian houses, claw foot tubs, and gab sessions with my two besties. It’s going to be an amazing vacation and I am just counting down the days and trying to raise the numbers in my bank account.

When we finally get to San Fran and see the other third of our trio it will have been 8 months since I last saw her pretty face, in person. That is INSANE! Honestly, having to go that long without seeing one of your best friends is heartbreaking.

But I won’t dwell on that.

I need some help though. Ava has never flown. I am desperate for tips and advice for flying with a 2 year old. What are the essentials and the best recommended products to have on board with me?

1 comment:

cmm said...

i have tears in my eyes. i can't believe i missed this post earlier. that picture! i am so happy here, but there is always an empty spot where my girls are not. you have NO IDEA how much it means to me that you are coming to see me. you will love the city. and i will love having you with me. it stinks that i can't come back more often, but to finally have you come to me is like a dream come true. i love you best friend. t-minus three months(ish) and counting.